Book Title: Understanding and Mastering The Bluebook: A Guide for Students and Practitioners (Legal Citation), Third Edition
Publisher: Carolina Academic Press
Author: Linda J. Barris
Related BooksThe Bluebook
provides the rules for legal citation, but can be intimidating and frustrating to use. With its simple building-block approach, this popular survival manual teaches how to understand and master the essential rules for legal practitioners. Rules are fully described and illustrated using:
- Clear explanations and illustrations of the basic components of legal citations;
- Step-by-step instructions for building citations to the most common authorities cited by legal practitioners;
- Detailed guidance for citing legal materials to both print and electronic sources;
- Examples, comparison charts, illustrations, and bullet-point explanations designed for quick mastery of basic Bluebook citation rules;
- Tips, hints, and cautions to help users avoid common citation errors;
- Cross references to the controlling Bluebook rules; and
- A user-friendly format gathering The Bluebook's scattered rules for each authority into one place.
The third edition of Understanding and Mastering
The Bluebook is thoroughly revised and updated to the 20th edition of The Bluebook
, and is an indispensable tool for anyone who is new to legal citation or whose skills need refreshing.
For readers interested in further practicing their citation skills, Linda Barris created Mastering
The Bluebook Interactive Exercises
, an online learning tool that coordinates with both Understanding and Mastering
The Bluebook, Third Edition
and The Bluebook, 20th Edition
. Each copy of Understanding and Mastering The Bluebook, Third Edition includes a discount code for 20% off the purchase of Mastering The Bluebook Interactive Exercises.